Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reimer's design looks back at the childhood

Toronto Maple Leafs
It was very exciting to create Toronto Maple Leaf James Reimer's unique mask design. When James told me what he wanted I was very eager to start. The design is a celebration of his childhood.

On one side you see children playing hockey on a pond, and in the background you see a house with light in the windows, mother and father are waiting for the children to come in from the cold. I love to create paintings with much details that tell a story. This side I created like a motif in a children's book.

The other side is a tribute to James' favorite TV show Hockey Night. I painted Cherry and MacLean in blue tints in a layout on the side with glistening stars around. Around all this I put together a Maple Leafs design with the beautiful maple leaf and graphic lines that tie the whole together, creating a truly unique design.

Check out the mask in the mask gallery here on the site or on our Facebook page, or in the DAVEART App for iPhone and Android.