Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wyatt Earp theme on Lehtonen's new mask

Dallas Stars
I love western movies, and when Kari Lehtonen of the Dallas Stars told me he wanted a theme with Wyatt Earp and the movie Tombstone, well, then it couldn't be much more fun and exciting. I have seen the movie many times, and I came up with a couple of ideas that Kari liked. In the movie Wyatt says the quote that has given the mask its name, and just that scene is played before the games in American Airlines Center. So cool.

I created the painting in black, white and gold. I recreated Wyatt Earp, played by one of my favs Kurt Russell, on one side and his buddy Doc Holiday, played by Val Kilmer, on the other side. The holster on one side was a special wish from Kari, and it's an exact reproduction of Holiday's holster in the movie.

I composed an exciting layout with views and details, with Wyatt's other friends and Dallas Stars graphics in the above mentioned colors, making it melt together to a 100%, and the title for sure shows what it's all about... The color scheme is consistent on the whole mask, even the Texas flag on the chin follows it.

You find Kari Lehtonen's Dallas Stars mask in the mask gallery and on Facebook, and not to forget our App for iPhone and Android where you always find the masks first.