Sunday, August 21, 2011

Elvis rocks on Lundström's new Timrå mask

Timrå IK
Today we have the pleasure of presenting Timrå IK's new keeper Joakim Lundström's new mask the upcoming season in the Swedish Elitserien. I created it a hot summer day, and when Joakim told me what he wanted on his mask I was so happy. Elvis from the Jailhouse Rock times, couldn't be more exciting to create! I love to create and paint designs in totally new styles and constantly try new ideas. And this design we really wanted to create in a totally new way.

Since we wanted an old school look of Elvis, I chose to use old school oil paint tech when I painted Elvis in the characteristic rock poses on each side. In this way we got a perefect profile of the mask and the same rocking and dancing feeling as in the Jailhouse film.

I also love to create two designs in one. With this I mean that when you see the mask from distance you see one design, in this with a dancing Elvis, and when you come closer you discover a new design and a world of details that give depth to the whole. In the white base I created paintings and portraits of Elvis in sketch-like style, like the famous Elvis postage stamp and his autograph.