Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Johansson´s tribute design to the Brynäs legend Wille Löfqvist

Brynäs

Today we have the honor to present the Brynäs goalie Jonas Johansson's new SHL mask.

Jonas called me and told me he wanted his mask to be a tribute to the legendary Brynäs keeper Wille Löfqvist. I totally loved the idea and I immediately started to make research and brainstorm how to create it. I presented a design plan for Jonas and he immediately gave me green light.

The design is built as a classic old school design on a distance, and the closer you come the more details you will discover and the mask enters a new dimension.

On the side of the mask I painted an artwork with Löfqvist, both a portrait and also a painting when he is sitting in the locker room. I wanted to catch the classic old school hockey feeling for the whole design.

I just love to paint details, of course this mask is loaded with it, and all the DAVEART trademark effects.

You are welcome to check out the mask in the mask gallery or on our Facebook page. You´ll also find a lot of behind the scene photos on our Instagram, and you´re welcome to follow us also on Twitter.

I am so proud to be your painter Jonas!

Much, much more coming up! Thank you all!