Monday, November 7, 2011

Dubnyk's new mask in a new style

Edmonton Oilers

We are very proud to welcome Edmonton Oilers' goalie Devan Dubnyk as a member of our team. He had seen my paintings and wanted my help for his new mask look. A dream project! I love to always create and come up with new design styles and ideas, never stand still, thats my thing... :-) We talked about different design ideas and Devan had an awesome idea how he wanted a razor sharp design with kind of flames inspired things, with a sweet Oilers feeling.

I came up with this hybrid of 3-D waving flames mixed with oil drops, and created in an old school style with extreme detail job. A design to discover both from a distance, and up close with a world of details. The metallic colors give nice effects and make it a design that feels like Edmonton to 100%. And as always very cool details on the backplate.

Check out Devan Bubnyk's Edmonton Oilers mask in the mask gallery, on Facebook, or in the App...