Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ottawa legend Connell on Auld´s new mask

Ottawa Senators

The Ottawa Senators keeper Alex Auld knew exactly what he wanted on his new mask, and when he told me I was really excited to get started. He wanted a tribute design to the Ottawa Senators legend The Ottawa Fireman, a.k.a. Alex Connell. All created in a worthy and old school style.

I love to create tribute designs and to change style from mask to mask. When I work I try to see myself as a movie director, it is my job to direct the design and make it tell the story and feeling the goalie wants. I love the challenge of creating in different styles from mask to mask and be as versatile as possible.

This design is created for Ottawa´s third jersey, and it is also a tribute to the town of Ottawa with the Rideau Canal Skateway and the Canadian Parliament.

Welcome to check out Auld´s latest Senators mask design in the mask gallery. You can also check out all masks I paint on my Facebook page. Like DAVEART.com on Facebook and you will always get notified when we present new masks. Thank you.