Friday, March 23, 2012

American Zombies is the name of Mason´s new lid

Columbus Blue Jackets

Today we have the pleasure to present the new mask of the Columbus Blue Jackets keeper Steve Mason. Steve told me he wanted something really, really scary, created in a new way... At that time I was watching a zombie movie when I painted, yes, I always watch movies when I paint... :-)

Zombies are so scary and creepy, so I came up with a very scary design theme with zombies, but in a new style, mixed with American theme and also Blue Jackets colors and graphics. Steve loved my ideas...

To get in the right zombie mode I watched all my favorite zombie movies when I painted. I am also a big fan of the TV serie Walking Dead, I both watch the serie and read the comic. My favorite zombie movies are Dawn of the dead, Shawn of the dead, 28 weeks and 28 months, just to name a few... :-) I always do a lot research before I start any artwork... :-)

I had so fun when I created the design. The design has a clear look from distance, but when you come closer you will discover more and more details and the design transforms in front of your eyes, and becomes a big bad zombie attack!

Check out the mask in the mask gallery, on Facebook or in the DAVEART App. Thank you for your interest.