Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Optimus Reim is here

Toronto Maple Leafs

I can tell you this, I had fun when I created and painted this one... :-) It is a dream of fun to be the painter of James Reimer of the Toronto Maple Leafs. James had a vision of how we could focus on his nickname Optimus Reim, and do a design around that. I came up with this concept and James immediately gave me green light to start.

The mask made of ice is breaking into pieces as Optimus Reim is driving out as an all blue truck from the side of the mask, and you also see him as an all blue Optimus Reim Transformer... The Toronto logo in metal is fastened with screws onto the ice....! It was also much fun to paint the Optimus Reim logo on the side.

I love to paint details, and here I really went crazy on details, added with maximum action and 3-D effects as well as Metallic FX by DAVEART, and more... :-)

Welcome to check out James Reimer´s new Toronto Maple Leafs mask design in the mask gallery. Thank you.