Tuesday, October 16, 2012

To the Fantastic Fans of Flyers

Philadelphia Flyers

To the Fantastic Fans of Flyers, yes that is the name of Michael Leighton's new Philadelphia Flyers mask. Me and Michael have been working together for many years and it is always such a pleasure to create his new designs.

For this new mask Michael had an awesome idea, he wanted the mask to be a tribute to the fantastic fans of Flyers, and especially the cool guys in orange body suits. So they are popping up on the sides waving with Philly flags, and check out in the Flyers logo on each side, there you find the whole arena filled with the fantastic fans! As usual I love to pump the design with so much details and all kind of effects to discover.

The clean and graphic base design is a story of its own, I have so many memories from it. I came up with the design back in 1993... I remember it very well, later on that evening we went to cinema to watch Jurassic Park! On the train from Sävsjö to Nässjö, on the way to school, I was just as usual thinking out new mask design ideas. I always save all my sketches and design ideas, and now, 19 years later, I could use this design cause it matched Michael’s ideas perfectly... :-)

Check out Leighton's new Philadelphia Flyers mask in the mask gallery, on Facebook and in our App!

Thank you all for your interest in my paint!