Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tomas Vokoun's new Washington Capitals mask

Washington CapitalsToday we have the honor to present the Washington Capitals star keeper Tomas Vokoun's new mask look. I love to find out new unique design styles and evolve new ways of designing. Never stand still, creativity is number one for me. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world, to be able to pursue my biggest passion every day.

This design is a so called "2 designs in 1", a design style I have developed the last years. On a distance it's a classic distinct old school retro design built on the cool logos of the Caps. When you come closer you discover a new dimension of detail work.

The theme of the mask is America. Capitals' logos mixed with eagles in freedom and President Washington himself. Perfect theme for a Washinton Capitals mask design. In the design elements I have created motifs. In the mighty wings that spread over the sides of the mask I have painted motifs in dark blue tones with eagles in action, and in the white base, that gives a retro style, I have created motifs with eagles and President Washington. Motifs from dollar bills and coins. These motifs are painted in same tones as the background to melt in with the background from distance. The whole design is then framed by graphic lines in strong contrasts.

The design got the obvious name The President Of The United States Mask.

Check out Tomas Vokoun's Washington Capitals mask in the mask gallery and on Facebook!