Friday, December 23, 2011

Jack Campbell turns into Captain America

Team USA

I am very honored to be Team USA´s goalie Jack Campbell´s official painter. Today we have the pleasure to present his Team USA mask. I was so happy when Jack wanted me to do his Team USA mask for the Junior World Championship, such an honor.

We talked about different cool ideas, and what could be more cool for a Team USA mask than to have Captain America on it? Oh man, it was so fun to paint it. I mixed the design with paintings from both the movie and the comic, it´s a tribute to both the older Captain America fans that read the comic and younger fans that are more familiar with the movie.

It was also extra special for me to paint this mask because Stan Lee is one of my biggest idols, when I got his autograph I was totally blown away. This mask is also a tribute to him.

In focus of the mask in the middle is the letter A, when Jack puts the mask on he turns into Captain America and Team USA is actually having Captain America in the net.

Just as usual I love to spend time creating lots of details to be discovered all over the mask. It was so fun to paint it. Thanks Jack for being your painter and friend.

You´re all welcome to check out Jack Campbell's Team USA mask in the mask gallery or in the App, or on Facebook. Thanks for your interest.