Friday, December 2, 2011

Leighton pays homage to Flyers hockey legends

Philadelphia Flyers

Today we are very happy to present Mike Leighton´s new Philadelphia Flyers mask. The design is a continuation from last season´s Broad Street Bullies tribute mask, which made huge success when we presented it and my mailbox almost exploded. When I created that design I wanted to come up with something totally new, I love to create designs in new styles and think outside the box.

This new design is totally different, but still in the old school style, and is a tribute to three legendary Flyers goalies. The design is named after their numbers. I created them on the sides with old school oil paint tech, both action shots and portraits. And yes the arrow on the top is also a tribute to a Flyers goalie legend. I put a lot of thinking behind every detail, as always... :)

From a distance the design is an old school design with great contrasts, and when you come closer a new world of details and story telling opens up. An old school design spiced up with 3-D effects and metallic effects.

Welcome to check it out in the mask gallery, the App and on Facebook. Thanks for your interest.