Friday, December 16, 2011

Vokoun´s next P.O.T.U.S mask

Washington Capitals

Today we have the honor to present the Washington Capitals goalie Tomas Vokoun´s latest mask artwork I have made for him. I am very proud to paint for Tomas and the first P.O.T.U.S mask I made for him made such a success, so this new design is a continuation. This one have the same basic lines, but the first mask was more in white to fit the white jersey, while this design is more red to fit the red uniform.

The design is an effective so called 2 in 1 design. From a distance it is a classic almost retro design with the Caps wings spreading out and strong contrasts and clear colors. But when you come closer it enters a new dimension of extreme detail work. Again the theme of the mask is The President Of the United States. Here and there all over the mask you will discover small artworks with the President. I came up with the design idea this summer when I walked around our local lake, I created every detail in my mind. When I told Tomas my design ideas he immediately gave me green light to start.

On the right side I painted many small Presidents in subtle colors, I painted them in a very old style, almost like on a canvas, I even created the White House, and President statues...and on the left side I painted parts of the Memorial Wall, and an American eagle, and much more. Goalies love details and designs telling a story, and I love to create it. I am so thankful to be able to do this as a living. I´ve been working with this for 15 years now and it is a joy to go to work and create new paintings every day. Hope you enjoy this one. Thank you for your interest.

Go to the mask gallery or our Facebook page to check it out.