Monday, January 16, 2012

Burning TikiGargoyles on Theodore´s new mask

Florida Panthers

Today we have the honor to present the Florida Panthers goalie Jose Theodore´s new mask. I love so much to work with Jose, he just like me loves a lot of details on the masks. :)

On this mask it is time for Gargoyles again, I love to paint gargoyles. Jose wanted it in a new unique way with a cool connection to Florida. Karl in my team came up with the idea of Tiki, I made some sketches were I mixed Tikis and Gargoyles, and the design idea was born. Jose loved the sketches and I started the adventure to paint it.

The Burning TikiGargoyles are sitting on each side of the Florida beach in their sand castles, guarding the net. Around this I created a totally action packed Florida design with so many Florida details to discover all over the mask. I love to spend a lot of time just painting details and go crazy on details, and play with metallic effects. Lots of the stuff you can only see when you see the mask live. I remember when I was a kid and watched the TV series Miami Vice, in the intro there were flamingos, so I really wanted that in the design... :)

On the chin the mask is transformed into a Tiki Gargoyle mask, turning Jose into one when he put it on his head.

Welcome to check out Jose Theodore´s Panthers mask in the mask gallery. Thank you for your interest.