Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Messi on Budaj´s new mask

Montreal Canadiens

When the Montreal Canadiens keeper Peter Budaj called and told me what he wanted on his new mask I wanted to start right away. Peter is just like me a big soccer fan, and we both love the wizard Lionel Messi, soccer player in Barcelona.

I have been working with Peter for many years and he always has so cool ideas. I made some sketches and started. The design is a tribute to Messi with lots of details. From a distance the design is clear, and when you come closer a new world of details opens up. The white base of the mask makes it pop, and in the white base I also painted the surface of a soccer ball. And lots of 3-D effects and metallic glitter, and DAVEART Holographix FX.

And of course Ned shows up, as always on Peter´s masks, and this time he is dressed as a soccer player in Slovakia´s National Team jersey. But poor Ned, he is hit in the head by the ball...

Just as usual you can find this and Peter Budaj´s all other masks in the mask gallery, on Facebook and in the DAVEART App. Thank you.