Friday, January 20, 2012

Flying feathers on Tarkki´s Ducks mask

Anaheim Ducks

I want to welcome the Anaheim Ducks goalie Iiro Tarkki as a new member into our team. It was so fun to paint this one for Iiro and I love to paint the Ducks mask logo, it is one of my favorites.

Iiro wanted a graphic and clean team design, with the logos as the base, but not only that of course... :) But also a lot of details and 3-D effects, just what I love to do. I put together a design concept for Iiro and he liked my ideas and sketches. The whole design is built on the team logos, very visible from a distance, and when you come closer a new dimension opens up and a new design is created in front of your eyes. Lots of metallic effects and DAVEART Holographix FX.

And as a funny detail, a cool connection to Iiro´s goalie buddy Jeff Deslauriers´ Ducks mask is the small duck feathers flying all over the mask, just as on Jeff´s mask... They for sure play hard hockey in Ducks, making the feathers fly everywhere.

Welcome to check out Iiro Tarkki´s Anaheim Ducks mask in the mask gallery. Thank you.