Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mason's new scary mask digs even deeper in the horror of war

Columbus Blue Jackets

Today we have the pleasure to present the new mask creation for the Columbus Blue Jackets keeper Steve Mason. I love to come up with new ideas and paint in new styles from day to day.

The design is a continuation of his mask from the previous season, the mask named SkullSoldiers... That was a design to show the horror of war...and here we dig even deeper in the horror of war... I see myself as much a storyteller as a painter. The whole mask is created with very scary feelings, and I did it with very calm, strange and unpleasant motifs, just as you woke up from a nightmare...

The logos are attached to the mask with stitches, just as the skull on the top is stitched... I love to paint a lot of details.

You're all welcome to check out the mask in the mask gallery.

Love to paint for you Steve!

Thank you all!