Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bachman´s Oilers mask transformed into an oil pump..

Edmonton Oilers

This design idea came to me when listened to a country music concert this summer, the idea struck me like a lightning, it´s an awesome feeling :-) Richard Bachman of the Edmonton Oilers and me wanted to do an Oilers mask in a totally new way, and I love to come up with new ideas every day. We wanted to do a mask that felt like Oilers to 100%.

I made some sketches of my idea and the design idea worked. We transformed the whole mask into a hard working oil pump.

The old school oil pump is just like the pumps in the movie "There will be blood" you know, and it´s a very hard working pump because it´s splashing out oil all over. In the background a nice sky with glittering stars, and more hard working oil pumps, is just a few of all the details to tie to whole design into one piece.

I love the challenge to create detailed designs, in a new way, that also looks nice on a distance.

You are welcome to check out the mask in the mask gallery or on our Facebook page.

Thank you all for your interest, and thank you Richard for having me as your painter.