Monday, September 9, 2013

Ellis´ Stars mask transformed into the battle of Alamo

Dallas

I can tell you this, I had fun when I created this #NHL piece :-)

How about create the whole mask into the famous battle of Alamo, sounds like an exciting paint ride, and a perfect theme for a #Dallas #Stars mask. I just love to create story telling designs.

The famous battle of the #Alamo (February 23 – March 6, 1836) was a pivotal event in the Texas Revolution. Following a 13-day siege, Mexican troops under President General Antonio López de Santa Anna launched an assault on the Alamo Mission near San Antonio de Béxar (modern-day San Antonio, Texas, USA). All of the Texian defenders were killed. Santa Anna's perceived cruelty during the battle inspired many Texians—both Texas settlers and adventurers from the United States—to join the Texian Army. Buoyed by a desire for revenge, the Texians defeated the Mexican Army at the Battle of San Jacinto, on April 21, 1836, ending the revolution.

So I started the project. I transformed the whole mask into the The Alamo building, a.k.a San Antonio de Valero, and it´s full war between the Texians and the Mexican troops. Take cover, bombs and dynamites are flying! And axes…

The American legends Davy Crockett and James Bowie are there for sure fighting with the Texians. Mr #Crockett in his fur hat and long rifle, and Mr #Bowie with his huge Bowie knife, yes it´s from him the huge Bowie knife got the name. By the way, I had a Bowie knife when I was a kid … you know the Rambo knife with all kind of cool gears in it… :-) I´m a huge fan of Sly!

Everything is totally custom made here for Dan #Ellis, I just love to draw and design characters and come up with new ideas. Every mask design I create is totally custom made for each goalie.

Me and Dan always talk and brainstorm a lot for every new artwork we create together. We have been working together for many years, it´s always so exciting, check out some of Dan´s previous mask designs on my site. And we are already working on more stuff for Dan!

For this new Dallas mask we wanted to do something very unique and never done before. And I remember it very well, I sat at the cinema watching a movie this summer, when this idea came to me and struck me like a lightning, all the pieces fell into place. I told Dan about my ideas and he loved them. Dan is a very skilled artist himself and we always send sketches back and forth.

As usual the design is loaded with extreme details to be discovered all over the mask, and all the #DAVEART trademark effects :-)

Thank you all for your visit here on the site, you are always welcome back, we always update the site with new paintings several times every week.

Thanks Dan for having me as your personal artist, it is an honor.

You are all welcome to check out the mask in the mask gallery or on our Facebook page. You´ll also find a lot of behind the scene photos on our Instagram, and you´re welcome to follow us also on Twitter.